Use nüMaps to Get Map Updates for a Device
Garmin, producer of high quality avionics, marine and consumer technology using the Global Positioning System, has a special service called the nüMaps Lifetime Updater. NüMaps allows customers to receive free map updates for their Garmin devices by automatically downloading them to their computers so that they can be uploaded onto their Garmin products. By getting the nüMaps Lifetime Updater you will get free map updates for your Garmin device for the rest of your life using their simple and convenient map updater system. Downloading maps to your personal computer is convenient with their automatic updating software that will store new maps to your computer until you are ready to upload them to your Garmin product. You will never be lost again!
About Garmin Founded in 1989 in Lenexa Kansas, Garmin produces electronic aviation, marine and consumer products that use the Global Positioning System. The company owns its own production facility, where the majority of its products are manufactured, in Taiwan. Most of their sales are conducted online, but they do have one retail store located in Chicago’s Magnificent Mile. How Can You Get Map Updates for a Garmin Device with nüMaps?
- A computer with internet access.
- You must have a Garmin product and its USB cord.
- You must a nüMaps Lifetime Updater subscription
- You must have either a Windows PC with Windows XP or newer, or have a Mac with Mac OS 10.5.8 or newer.
- Step-By-Step Guide
- Go to the Garmin Lifetime Updater website at related link 1 below.
- Download the Garmin Lifetime Updater application to your computer by clicking on the button marked, “Download for Windows.”
- If you have a Mac, please click on the link marked, “Mac Version.”
- Connect your Garmin device to your computer and open the Garmin Lifetime Updater application.
- Save your Garmin device in the Garmin Lifetime Updater application.
- New maps will be updated to your computer automatically. Connect your Garmin device to your computer to upload maps to it.
- If you have any questions about using Garmin devices and applications, please refer to the Garmin Support website at related link 2 below.
- Garmin Lifetime Updater website: http://www.garmin.com/lifetimeupdater
- Garmin Support website: http://www.garmin.com/us/support